Because it’s hard to take self portraits (well, for me, at least, decent self portraits) and because it’s hard for me to visualize what a shirt in progress will look like without it being on me, I apologize for the pictures. Lame.
Number one, as per earlier entry, is a black XL shirt with a Russian serial killer print on the front. I changed the original idea I had, and now I have it so the back is loose, drapey, rather than pleated, and the front, the pleats now face in. Seems to work better that way.
And, because this is funny to me, the back view:
Interesting hair-do, I know. It’s hot and I was scrabbling around on the floor, and my braids were getting entangled in pins, fabric and necklaces.
Shirt number 2. It was going to be a skirt, and really, could probably double as one. Just need to tuck in the straps. Oh, it’s not a shirt, it’s a halter. All I did was cut the top part of a XXL shirt off, just below the armpit lines, turn it upside down, throw in a drawstring and some straps, and voila: halter!
Now that I think about it, though, I might turn the sleeves into a bra type thing and attach it at the top, making a longer shirt. And keeping the print right way up, in other words, the opposite way it is now. I just need some notions, like elastic and some proper black thread that works in my machine.