I was thinking about writing a little about karma, but seeing as I don’t really believe in it, I will tell you what I DO believe in.
Love. From family and friends.
So I got a message from my friend Michelle who works for MAC makeup (and is on maternity leave right now) asking me and my other girlfriend Libs to come over and take away ALL her excess makeup. She said she had tons of MAC, but also Estee Lauder, Clinique, DKNY, Sean John, Bobbi Brown…My head nearly exploded from excitement, I mean, how much makeup laying around could she have? The message said that her husband wanted the space, it sounded like it could be a LOT.
It was a lot. A LOT lot. Four plastic containers of neatly organized makeup.
I brought wine. It was SO fun, so exciting and so hilarious going on a total greed rampage. I would have danced all the way to the subway after but my backpack was so heavy, I could barely move. Here it is full:
Tee hee. And you know how I love sorting things and organizing stuff? Bit by bit, here’s what I took home:
1. Odds and ends. This is a mishmash of perfume, lotion and anti-aging goo.
2. Clinique. It’s mostly lip glosses and lipsticks, but there’s also mascara, eyeshadow, powder and a toothbrush.
3. Estee Lauder. This stuff is so amazing, it is beautiful to look at, it smells great and it feels super glamorous. Again, this is mostly lip things, but there’s also 2 perfumes, nail polish, mascara, eye shadow, Fruition, powder…
4. MAC. Oh, how I love thee, MAC makeup. This is the regular day to day makeup I got, tons of lip gloss, eye shadow, pure pigment, foundation, liquid liner, mascara, nail polish.
5. Heatherette for MAC is beautiful, bright colours, very cute and sexy. And those patent lashes are KILLER.
6. Special edition MAC, brushes, fixer, powder, shadows and lashes.
That’s all. Heehee. Not to say that I will be keeping the lot to myself, no no no. That would be silly, everyone knows I don’t wear lipstick ever. No, I will be picking out what I love most and hoarding that (which will amount to less than a third, I guess) and the rest will be sorted into piles for xmas gifts and swaps.
And lots of love and thanks to Michelle, who made this possible!