November 24, 2009 9

Yay for mail!

By in crochet

I got some gorgeous yarn in the mail today, it’s called Banana Problem and it’s from play at life fibre arts. It’s sock yarn but at the rate I knit socks, I doubt that it will ever be footwear. And because I am pretty much exclusively knitting gifts for xmas this year, this will go into my stash basket until the new year.

banana

If anyone has any suggestions (with appropriate patterns for 400yds, 100g of Merino) that would be swell!

9 Responses to “Yay for mail!”

1. JoAnn says:

What about mitts – they’d look gorgeous and should be a lot easier than socks. One of your little scarfs would look fabulous too. xoxo

2. Caitlin Jane says:

Yes, there’s a mitt pattern I’ve been considering, here:

Very cute, and if you ignore the Twilight references, they’re even better.

3. Joel says:

Hey Caitlin, found this site you might like to check out, you may already know of it though:

Peace x

4. Mum says:

Trying a cable pattern will be fun and challenging but I think that your banana wool will look so much nicer in a plain pattern where the wool will be the star. xo

5. Indigo says:

All I can think of is a basic long scarf, in a plain pattern. TrĂ©s boring, I know, but nothing made with that yarn could be dull – I’d love to see how it turns out in a simple flowing pattern, but I imagine anything made with it would be awesome! Now I’m dying to add more yarn to my bloated collection – I need to dive back into my crocheting, so that I have a good excuse :p

6. Caitlin Jane says:

You know, it might be a small shawl. I have found some shawl patterns, same shape as the baktus, but a little harder to keep my brain on it’s toes. Plus it uses a circular needle which is nice for ttc rides, keeps me from accidentally stabbing people with needles.

Accidentally. Heh.

7. Christine says:

Are you a member of ravelry? http://Www.ravelry.com is the best knitting ans crocheting site ever. Over half a million members, thousands of free patterns, and awesome forums for advice.

I don’t think that yarn would work too well for the Bella mitts without a lot of changes. It should be done in more of a worsted weight. I would do a pair of vanilla socks or maybe a cowl.

(I didn’t actually look at the link you provided for the bella mitts so I apologise if it is different than the one I am thinking of and teaching to someone at the moment.)

8. Caitlin Jane says:

Ravelry obsessed over here. I’m on it daily. I started a mini shawl with it, so that’s what it’s gonna be!