March 16, 2013 49

By in love, Uncategorized

I will write more when the shit has been cleared from the fan but I really wanted to let everyone know that you’re being heard. I have read every kind email and message and I promise to reply to each one when things calm down a little. And an especially big thank you for all the financial donations, it makes the future a little less daunting.

20130316-201039.jpg

49 Responses to “Thank you”

1. pomegranatears says:

Dear Caitlin,

I found your blog through reading Shannon’s blog and felt connected by all the crafty things that you like to do like I like to do.

When I read the news, my first thought was towards you. I wish there was a balm that could heal or make things easier that I could give you. The only thing this anonymous reader can give you is her condolences in this beyond words situation.

*hugs* May the people who love you surround you and hold you and help you.

2. Christine V says:

Thinking of you especially, Caitlin! Even though I have never met you or Shannon, you are weighing on me today. Take time to rest, reflect and remember. Shannon influenced SO many people and we are all so lucky to have come across BME, Shannon and the community. Thank you for your part in it as well. Standing by his side and supporting him was a hard journey lately, and you were there. Big, big hugs to you. Sending love and peace your way.

3. Kaitlyn says:

Hugs and more hugs.

4. Beth says:

My condolences. My heart goes out to you Caitlin and to Nerfarious.

5. Stephanie says:

It’s not fair :(

My heart hurts for you so very much.
    I was going to send you an e-mail (I still will and soon) however I figured that you had gotten flooded with what I hope is a huge out pouring of support.

There’s so much I can say and it all seems trite.

6. Ashley says:

Peace, strength, and happy memories to you and Ari, as well as Shannon’s family…

7. Danielle says:

Lots of love!!

8. Phil says:

I spoke a couple of times via email with Shannon and he came across as wise and patient beyond his years.
    Thinking of you and your family. x

9. Leon says:

Caitlin,
    My thoughts and best wishes are with you at this time.
    Through more than a decade of reading Shannon’s blogs, I’ve had the privilege of sharing in some small, remote way your lives.
    My heart truly goes out to you.
    Take care of yourself.
    Peace and love from London, England.

10. Sheila says:

The pain continues, but it’s not his pain that goes on, only ours. Sadly when it comes to body modification we are still all in the stone age; the next wave of body modification would have cured him. “T” cell research and genetic engineering should be strongly supported by all who want less human suffering, more effective health care, and wider esthetic options for human expression.

11. bonnie says:

Caitlin… You stayed strong to the end. What a wonderful gift you gave.

12. MissJanet says:

I feel so sorry for you, but foremost I admire that you had the strength and love to stay with him during his long journey. You are the best.

13. elijah mountain says:

sending love, peace, comfort, and prayers to you and your family at this time Caitlin. thanks for your love and commitments directly and by proxy to this community. we are here for you as you need us! be strong, be weak, but as Shannon might say, can’t be anyone else but me!

14. estrojennie says:

you are one of the most talented and beautiful people i have had the pleasure of meeting.

you, shannon and ari’s many adventures have filled my heart with love and happiness over the years.

xoxo

15. Roo says:

So much love x

16. Heather says:

I have read your blogs for years now without uttering a word. You have both offered me so much inspiration. I am so sorry for your loss. May warmth encompass you again after this time of heavy sadness.

17. Genevieve says:

You dont know me but I have been thinking of you and Ari often since I heard the news. I know nothing I say can make what you have already experienced any easier in loving and caring for someone in constant chronic pain and then in losing them but I hope you can just know that there are many of us who are holding you in our hearts. You have shown incredible strength in staying by his side and you will show even more in the many years to come. “And then, in the midst of near despair, something has happened beneath the surface. A bright little flashing fish of hope has flicked silver fins and the water is bright and suddenly I am returned to a state of love again — till next time. I’ve learned that there will always be a next time, and that I will submerge in darkness and misery, but that I won’t stay submerged. And each time something has been learned under the waters; something has been gained; and a new kind of love has grown. The best I can ask for is that this love, which has been built on countless failures, will continue to grow. I can say no more than that this is mystery, and gift, and that somehow or other, through grace, our failures can be redeemed and blessed.”
    -Madeline L’engle.

18. Jordan says:

Caitlin,

I have been following Shannon for about 6 or 7 years and have loved reading about the addition of you into his life. Please continue Shannon’s legacy by sharing stories and experiences if your time with him… You are in my thoughts.

19. Leah says:

I have no words that can express the sorrow I feel for you. And for Nefarious. And everybody. I guess it was expected sooner or later, but I’m sure that doesn’t make it any easier. Take it easy. I never met Shannon personally (though my husband was friends with him in the 90′s), but I’m forever thankful for his contributions to the world. I can honestly say, if it wasn’t for Shannon, I wouldn’t have the life I do today. I bet lots of people can say that. Much love to you.

20. Darcy says:

There are no words. My heart aches for you and Ari. Much love to you both. X

21. Anna says:

I cannot even begin to know your pain, so I will not add another “I’m sorry for your loss” to the mix.

However, I want to thank you and Nefarious. Thank you for sharing Shannon with the rest of us who were never privileged enough to know him the way you did. I wish you all the best and am sending my love.

22. Yves says:

I wish you all the strength, health and luck now and in the future. You were a bit more in the shadow but nevertheless an important part of Shanon’s life. So you deserve credit too. X

23. Richard Goth says:

My deepest condolences on your terrible loss. I never got to meet Shannon, but though his writing, websites and the occasional email or chat I experienced his warmth, humour, and intelligence. His unquenchable presence will never fade from our hearts. Our thoughts are with you, and all of Shannon’s family in this dark hour.
    With sympathy and respect from Sydney…

24. Caset says:

Caitlin: I don’t know you, but I feel like I’ve lost one of the best friends I’ve ever had, and I simply cannot imagine how you have felt the last few days. Simple words cannot express how sorry I am for you and your family. My thoughts are with you and everyone involved. Blessed Be.

PS: I have looked and looked, but I simply cannot find any way of contacting you but here, so, if you see this and when you have the time to, please please contact me.

25. K says:

When I heard the news, I thought of you. We’ve never met, but we didn’t have to in order for my heart to go out to you. You’re very strong. White light to you.

26. Kerri says:

Thinking of you, as a stranger a world away. I hope you continue to blog and let us know how you and Ari are doing. While I don’t know you, I feel like I have seen her grow up through Shannon’s blogs and feel deeply for the two of you.

Peace.

27. Gillian says:

Know that I’m thinking of you every day. I’m here.

28. Dara says:

Caitlin, my thoughts are with you and all your friends and family. Shannon changed my life with developing BME, and I have enjoyed reading both of your blogs for years. *hugs*

29. Chris says:

My sincere, heartfelt and utterly inadequate condolences. I am so sorry. This is a terrible tragedy.

30. Michelle says:

Sending love. Though I never knew Shannon and have never met you, we have mutual friends, and I live in your neighborhood and see you around…so please know that even people you may pass on the street and think don’t even know what’s going on…some of us do, and are heartbroken for you and sending you all the strength and love in the world.

31. Megan says:

I’m thinking of you and Ari, sending a little more love your way. If a bit of a person lives on in everyone who has loved them, who has been changed by their existence, there is an awful lot of Shannon still in this world.

32. adam says:

Caitlin, you’ve been through so much with Shannon and he did so much for the modification community. His being at rest leaves you with such a gap – yet, as others have said, he has left a lot behind amongst us. This comes with thoughts and prayers, adam

33. Jaimi says:

I am sorry for your loss… The world is a much more colorful place filled with shining bits of metal and art in so many forms.

Shannon surely was a catalyst and changed the world for t so many.

Thank you for sharing him . You gave him so much happiness. What an amazing gift.

34. KiMMiE says:

Caitlin, I can’t even begin to explain how much my heart breaks for you and Ari… There really is nothing I can say other than, stay strong. I have never met you or Shannon, but I feel like I have lost a friend, and want to support another. My heart is with you. *hugs*

35. amy scott aka pnp says:

im glad i found this blog of yours. ive been frettying a bit. but i know that you are ok now that i seen this. im so glad he had you in his life to help him these past few months that have been so hard. i can not thank you enough for this. sending love to you and ari. remember im a click away if you need anything~

36. ferg says:

“Be kind to each other, hug more, laugh more, take the time to visit a friend or relative that has fallen off your radar. Spread love around and stay strong.”

Wise words that need spreading.

Grieving. :(

37. starr says:

strength to u

*********************************

38. Anna says:

Hi Caitlin, time is passing and I know that things often get more difficult as the initial outpouring of support tapers off and reality sets in. I just wanted to comment again to say that I’m thinking of you and Ari and still sending my love.

39. andrea says:

Hi hun, I have absolutely no words to describe the heartbreak i feel for you. You are a strong woman, and amazing person, and no one deserves to lose the love of their life so young. My thoughts are on you quite a bit, and I hope that you know how many people are sending their love.

40. Jackie says:

I’m sorry for your loss you must be having emotional ups and downs. I’ve been reading your blog as well as Shannon’s for a long time. I find you and him fascinating and interesting people. So upon hearing the news, it made me feel really sad for you and his daughter. It’s probably a mixed blessing, knowing that he is not suffering but also just terrible knowing your love is gone. You stuck with him down to the end! The patience and giving attitude you must posses! If you need a friend to talk to, I’m here for you.

41. pomegranatears says:

This anonymous reader is still thinking of you.

Sending a comforting hugs your way.

42. Jill says:

Hi Caitlin,
    We’ve never met but I’ve been reading Shannon’s blogs for 10+ years (and yours for several as well – you’re so crafty, it’s alway fun to see what you create next). I just wanted to send my condolences to you along with good thoughts and a hug. Thinking of you and wishing you strength,
    Jill

43. eli says:

Hi caitlin,
    it’s been almost a month now, and there are many of us out here still praying and sending love your way. we hope you are standing tall through this difficult time.

44. MissJanet says:

I’m tthinking of you every day and send you good thoughts.

45. anonymous says:

Caitlin, I am a stranger to you and Shannon. Still, I have been a faithful Zentastic reader for a few years. I am so sorry for your loss. Please never lose your faith and hope in all the love the world still has to offer.

46. iris says:

Thinking of you and sending some love. How are you doing?

47. Danielle says:

You don’t know me, and I know little about you, but I’m hoping the best for you and sending you positive vibes.

48. Ghobian says: