July 3, 2013 8

What I’m up to

By in caitlin's crap, daily grind

The easiest way to track me online is via instagram and/or twitter. My user name on both is notoriouscjt.

Briefly, I gave up the studio on May 31 and put everything in 9′x10′ storage. Everything? Hardly. I farmed out all the paintings, gave away tons of stuff, sold a few things, threw away everything else. I’m staying with my mom.

I went to Mexico for 2 weeks to relax and clear my head, it was nice and incredibly hot. Everyone I hung out with was cool and I will probably return in 2 months.

Not much else. I’m ok, somehow.

20130703-185914.jpg

8 Responses to “What I’m up to”

1. Gosia says:

Good to know you’re doing well. You’re one strong lady, lady!

2. Leah says:

I’m happy you’re staying sane. I’m going to find you on twitter.

3. Rhiannon says:

Glad you’re doing ok :)

4. Sheila says:

Time is the greatest solver of all our problems, we only need the courage to trust it.

5. Yves says:

Glad to hear you’re doing OK. I’ve waited a bit to ask you this question, so you could get over the worst shock, but I really wanted to know if there was no funeral or memorial service held for Shannon? Or was everything kept private? After following him for so many years, it’s a bit of a black hole I fell in to. I truely hope I am not offending you by asking this. Keep the spirit up. Yves.

6. Caitlin Jane says:

Hi Yves, not offended at all. There was a very private, small, memorial service held 2 weeks after his death. Close family and friends only, there were maybe 25 people total there.

Sheila, truer words were never spoken, thank you.

7. Laura says:

I miss you. I would love it if we could get together one day. Whether its in a month or five years.
    Your dresses are great and inspire me to haul my sewing machine back out of the closet and find the missing power cable. I think of you often and hope lovely days ahead for you.

8. Sheila says:

Sometimes telling the truth is the worst thing one can do, thanks for not taking offense.

Pretty much there are only two ways a relationship can end: death, or ‘breaking up’. I can’t tell you which is more awful as even I can’t decide; but please reconsider conceding that your friend was right that your relationship with Shannon would end badly, because isn’t it the truth that you would still both be together if given any real choice? If so then dare I say I don’t think that’s what your friend (who I don’t know) meant by the relationship ending badly, to beat that standard both you and Shannon would have to be immortal.